How to Select an IT Consulting Firm
Many technology consulting firms and Managed Service Providers have specialties, so you need to understand their services focus. You don’t want a consulting firm centered on backup and disaster recovery services to work on mobile device support. IT environments today are so interdependent and interconnected we recommend the IT consultants you select have a broad range of experience in many disciplines.
10 Considerations When Hiring an IT Consultant
What do you want an IT consulting firm to do?
When searching for a top IT consultants, you need to prioritize what you are looking for and understand how an IT consulting company can impact a particular project and your overall organization.
Are you seeking:
- Assistance with a project
- Acquisition and installation of a new piece of equipment
- To augment your IT staff bringing an “outside” perspective
- Management control of the consultant’s activities
- To create a long-term relationship?
- Help for a “mission critical” project or day-to-day support?
- Ongoing support and maintenance from this consulting firm?
- A consultant to work with your sensitive intellectual property (IP)?
- Training or a knowledge transfer from this consultant?
- A particular person for ongoing support
These considerations are essential when hiring IT consultants and should be reviewed to ensure both the success of your project and the success of your relationship.
What Kind of IT Consulting Firm are You Looking For?
IT consultants that bring the most value are those with actual operating experience. Synoptek has 20 years consulting experience. We currently operate and manage thousands of devices for over 3,000 clients. It is this “depth and breadth” of skills that deliver more value to our consulting clients. Don’t be limited by selecting IT consultants with limited expertise.
- IT performance improvement
- Business process improvement
- Capacity planning and management
- Remediation, troubleshooting, and repair
- IT infrastructure design and architecture
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Microsoft Office 365 migrations and management
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
Strategic IT Planning and Consulting:
- Aligning your business objectives to your IT infrastructure
- Change management
- Analyzing the ROI on your IT investments
- Outsourcing cost analysis
- 24×7 management
- Azure, AWS, design, configuration and 24×7 support
- Virtualization migration and hosting
IT Security Consulting:
- Cloud Security
- Regulatory and Compliance Management
- Backup and disaster recovery plans
- Active intrusion protection and detection
- Security monitoring
Apple and MAC Consulting and Support:
- Compliance and security
- Operating in a hybrid environment
VoIP Services Consulting:
- Voice-over-IP troubleshooting and 24×7 support
- Design and configuration
- VPN, MPLS configurations
- VoIP services
Synoptek IT Consultants Understand Business Value – Not just Technology
At Synoptek, we work daily with forward-thinking IT professionals using advanced systems focused on leveraging technology to increase business performance. Our IT consulting process is to work one-on-one with your team to understand your goals, business processes, and current information systems capabilities.
Our IT consultants bring the all important “operating experience” of a Managed Service Provider providing 24×7 global support for more than 3,000 clients and thousands of devices. As a Managed Service Provider, unlike “pure” IT consulting companies, we understand the “operational” characteristics of multiple IT platforms, monitoring tools, and devices.
The Top 7 Reasons Our IT Consulting Services are Engaged:
- The IT infrastructure/devices/hosting needs to be fixed or is not performing
- The need to quickly scale IT infrastructure
- The need to implement cost reductive measures
- Executives are faced with significant capital expenditures and legacy equipment problems
- Managers are confronting business expansion challenges
- The need to adhere to changing compliance regulations
- The need to merge multiple IT operating environments
Technology Independent IT Consulting
Synoptek IT Consulting does not make its consulting recommendations based on relationships with various technology providers. We provide recommendations aligning with the technology best fitting your applications, performance criteria, budget, or existing IT infrastructure.
Through a comprehensive IT consulting assessment we identify key business and IT criteria developing a strategy to simplify your information technology environment and lead the way to a more cost-effective and reliable IT infrastructure. Our progressive solutions enable companies to grow their businesses for improved business results, taking a customer-first approach in everything we do.
Our IT consultants will leave you informed and ready to make the right choices at a cost that fits your budget.
Learn more about looking for the right IT Consulting Services firm:
More IT Consulting Services information:
Contact Us now and one of our Senior IT Professionals will call you back shortly and answer your questions.
Understand Synoptek's Better Approach to: Managed IT Services, Cloud Hosting, IT Consulting and IT Security Services
- Learn more About Us and our Mission and Vision in the Managed IT Services industry.
- Synoptek is committed to improving the quality of life throughout the areas we serve. Learn more about the community organizations we support.
- Synoptek’s wide-range of operational experience delivers unbiased IT Consulting results.
- Synoptek's Cloud Hosting provides AWS, Azure and Hybrid solutions to fit any need.
- Compare our IT infrastructure management services that consistently win industry awards.
- Learn about Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity services.
- Our US based 24x7 Help Desk and IT infrastructure management services work better together for quicker problem resolution.
- Understand more about IT Security and Compliance by reviewing our Managed Security Services.
- Analyze why IT Outsourcing can work for you.
- Some organizations like local support, find out more about our services in: Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Denver, Boise, Boulder, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
- We now have locations in Raleigh, Rochester, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, and Saint John, New Brunswick. Check out our facilities in each of these locations.