Business Application Implementation, Upgrade, and Support Services eliminate error and increase efficiency.
Synoptek utilizes a hybrid approach for project implementations which incorporates two methodologies: agile and waterfall. Sequential phased process from waterfall forces completion of certain steps before the commencement of the next. This allows participants at all skill sets to easily utilize the methodology because each phase has a specific review process of deliverables, making it easy to manage. Agile provides flexibility of iterative development cycles, where users are able to see segments and provide feedback prior to completion of the phase. The combination of these two methodologies is adaptable to all project types including full lifecycle implementations, upgrades, and support. This creates a higher-quality output and a timely project delivery.
The phases of Synoptek’s Implementation Approach:
- Requirement & Discovery – The first step of the project development process is to establish the purpose, expectations, and plan. Deliverables typically include a business requirements document (BRD) and project plan (PP).
- Design – The next phase details key features such as structure, criteria for success, and visualized process mapping of current vs future state. Deliverables include a Solution Design Document (SDD).
- Development – In this phase, the project plan is put into action with tasks of configuration, custom development, data migration, security, and integration. In addition, this phase entails a sprint-based approach usually segmented into 2-week intervals that outline steps of completion to provide visual validation with the customer.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) – UAT includes application testing with end users based on test scripts and business specific scenarios, ensuring that the software can handle required tasks based on specifications.
- Training – There are two types of training:
Admin Training (AT) – Targeted for System Administrators who will be responsible for managing the setup and configuration of platform.
Train-the-Trainer (TTT) – Targeted for end users to learn the platform based on process area.
- Deployment – This phase delivers the final product to the customer in a live production environment. It will include pre-deployment activities, such as migration of final data, code and configuration deployment, smoke testing, and user system access setup.
- Support – This final phase is based on a customer’s statement about the final state of the implementation. This will allow us to troubleshoot any issues and provide additional assistance to system administrators such as training, enhancement requests etc.
As Digital Transformation takes the world under its embrace, Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is a great tool to embrace. Watch this webcast to learn about the current state of the ERP market, the top players and the role of Dynamics 365 in your Digital Transformation Initiatives.Read More
Contact A Business Applications Implementation Expert
© 2019 Synoptek, LLC. All Rights Reserved.