Key Criteria for Selecting a Cloud Hosting Provider
Look for the following in selecting a Cloud Hosting company:
- Security services that support cloud environments
- Certifications; SSAE 16, HIPPA, FISMA, PCI
- Support for management and monitoring capabilities
- Networking support
- Cloud services and storage in many types of environments
- Experience with Hybrid, Public, Private hosting
- Ability to perform detailed computing assessments and workload analysis
- Partners including Azure, AWS, Equinix, SuperNAP and more
- Cloud load balancers
- API support
- Skills of Cloud support team
- 24 x 7 Support
Cloud Hosting with Security Monitoring Included
Most Public Clouds break down the shared IT security responsibility model into two primary categories: security in the cloud, and security of the cloud. Many organizations maintain a false belief that the cloud provider is responsible for securing their data, and they are unaware of what responsibility they own. This belief can lead to increased security risks, potential data loss, and failure to meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
For example, Amazon makes it clear it that they are responsible for the physical security of the data centers and underlying pieces of infrastructure, which includes: computing, storage, database, and networking.
The cloud hosting customer is responsible for security in the cloud, including data protection, identity and access management, operating system configuration, network security — access controls — and encryption.
Synoptek includes a monthly Security Analysis Report (like the one shown here) for all of its clients using any hosting provider.
Cloud Hosting Assessment, it all starts here …
Synoptek’s Cloud Assessment is a cloud infrastructure analytics service providing data analytics, cost analysis, and recommendations to speed and simplify ROI analysis, cloud migration, and management. This service helps you determine “right-sized” cloud configurations and the “best-fit” cloud provider (private, hybrid, AWS, Azure) for your environment.
This service automates application discovery, creates dependency mapping, analyzes performance metrics, resource utilization, and your usage patterns. Use this analysis to:
- Provide precise cloud migration information
- Compare the costs of AWS, Microsoft Azure and other public cloud services based on your specific configurations
- Ensure your cloud computing needs are met, and right-sized
- Create an optimal (costs vs. performance) cloud environment
- Improve your ROI and maximize your cloud investments while proposing significant cost efficiencies
- A detailed understanding of your site performance expectations to provide you the optimal architecture
- A complete picture of your data storage requirements to optimize your hosting solution
- A calculation reflecting the demands your applications and users will put on your hosting and network infrastructure
- Requirements for performance, agility, and growth
- Analysis of cloud configuration and migration parameters
- An understanding of your backup, redundancy and disaster recovery requirements
- Security, storage, and compliance criteria
Synoptek Cloud Assessment includes a comparison analyzing workloads and current pricing for AWS and Azure so you can make a better decision.
Read more regarding about Cloud Hosting Assessment Analysis.
Cloud Hosting Solutions
Synoptek’s Managed Cloud Hosting provides the agility and efficiency you need from an enterprise cloud hosting provider. Our cloud assessment will ensure you have the best cloud hosting configurations whether you are using AWS, Azure or working in complex hybrid environments. Synoptek is a full cloud partner, with certified technical staff for both Microsoft Azure and AWS along with supporting our datacenters and our global network of hosting providers.
Cloud hosting is much more than just rack space and power with Synoptek. We do not offer “one size fits all” solutions like the large commodity providers. Instead we “rightsize” your hosting infrastructure to meet your business needs. Our focus is on performance, security, and reliability of our cloud hosting services rather than and building server density to generate higher margins for us.
Managed Cloud Hosting Delivers Additional Value
Synoptek offers value (not a commodity cloud solution) by providing a comprehensive management system for cloud hosting, security, infrastructure, monitoring, management, incident management, problem management, multi-tiered support, Live 24×7 Help Desk, anti-virus protection and more.
Services that you need, but don’t come with typical cloud hosting.
The bottom-line is that you need additional security for any cloud environment and Synoptek provides cloud-focused security services which includes a Monthly Cloud Security Analysis as part of its standard Cloud Hosting Services.
Live 24×7 Monitoring of Cloud Hosting in Synoptek’s Enterprise Operations Centers
We rely on tier level 1-4 data centers to manage your environment and provide live monitoring services at the right cost. We stand behind a 99.9% uptime guarantee from our enterprise operations centers to monitor your IT environment from three redundant geographically diverse locations. Our Cloud Hosting facilities are our own or with one of our partners and are located around the world.
Expert IT Professionals with Diverse Cloud Management Skills
Synoptek clients will be able to access the blended experience of over 475 IT professionals with certifications in over 70 disciplines. We have “Cloud” implementation teams at several of our locations. Our customer service exceeds expectations, demonstrated by a 92% client satisfaction rate.
Our US-based technology professionals guide IT leadership to optimize costs for hosted cloud computing services by bringing visibility to technology consumption and spending. Synoptek’s Cloud Hosting maximize valuable IT resources as we manage day-to-day IT infrastructure administration tasks.
We believe we provide better cloud hosting as we take extra care in designing your hosting environment and then managing it with Synoptek’s toolsets and a team of IT professionals. Give us a try.
Cloud Hosting Consulting and Migration Planning
Synoptek’s IT support goes above and beyond the expectations of our clients. We specialize in evolving businesses through the adoption of new technologies, and progressive processes. Leverage our expert IT client advisory team to let us map out a cloud migration strategy. One of our seasoned client advisors will be dedicated to your organization from initial analysis through onboarding, migration, and ongoing support including, monthly business reviews.
Synoptek Managed Cloud Hosting Includes:
- IT Security Monthly Reports
- 24×7 Phone Support
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Managed Security: Intrusion Detection 24×7
- Hosting available in up to Tier 4 facilities with N+1 infrastructure
- Virtualization and optimized storage
- Unified data storage architecture supporting multiple workloads
- Scalable so that cloud hosting capacity may be increased or decreased quickly
- Managed load balancing for data storage
- Various firewall options available, VLANS, 128-bit and 256-bit encryption algorithms maintain data security
- SSL and token-based credentials for remote access and end-user authentication
- Virtual storage tiering automates data movement based on application affinity and workload
- Use of leading-edge advanced software server and networking administration tools
- Network bandwidth can be designed to accommodate peak traffic periods
- Availability to connect to multiple Internet providers in the same facility
- Embedded data security protects data assets through role-based administration, encryption, spam and anti-virus filters
- System updates and patches
- Administration by Synoptek expert System Administrators
- Up to 64GB per virtual machine
- Proactive security scans monitoring for database, operating system, SNMP, and hardware issues
- 24×7 facility-based security access, alarms, and video surveillance systems
- 24×7 monitoring and management services
- 24×7 phone, email and trouble ticket support is available
- Monthly reporting and documentation on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Compliance with SSAE, SOC2, HIPAA, PCI
The Benefits of using Synoptek Cloud Hosting:
- Industry leading Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for cloud hosting/computing and data storage
- Optimize your Azure investment while freeing your staff
- Architected to meet your specific computing needs
- Identify the best Azure configurations with our experts
- Monitored and Managed 24×7 by our team of IT professionals
- Move between platforms and change configurations with minimal disruptions using Microsoft best practices
- Gain agility to change any key performance parameter
- Get assurance you are meeting your compliance and security requirements
- Uptime guarantees of up to 99.99%
- Competitive pricing based on usage parameters that the client can set and change
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): no capital investment required
- Cloud Hosting – Software as a Service (SaaS): All popular operating systems and leading Microsoft Applications supported, including Office 365
- Predictable monthly billing for cloud hosting and data storage
- Optimized Storage Area Network (SAN) configuration to save you data storage costs
- Advanced trouble ticketing system for any cloud-hosted platform
- Mobile applications, corporate sites, rich media sites and test and development sites supported
- Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers, VMware environments, Hyper-V supported
- MS Exchange, MS SharePoint, Esri Geospatial Applications, Cisco VoIP, Enterprise solutions (i.e. PeopleSoft, Oracle, Citrix, Siebel, Hyperion) supported
- Application setup and migration for; Qualiac, Great Plains, SAP, Voyager and more …
- Access to databases on a pay-per-use basis
Contact Us now, and shortly one of our Solutions Architects will call you to answer any of your questions.
Understand Synoptek's Better Approach to: Managed IT Services, Cloud Hosting, IT Consulting and IT Security Services
- Learn more About Us and our Mission and Vision in the Managed IT Services industry.
- Synoptek is committed to improving the quality of life throughout the areas we serve. Learn more about the community organizations we support.
- Synoptek’s wide-range of operational experience delivers unbiased IT Consulting results.
- Synoptek's Cloud Hosting provides AWS, Azure and Hybrid solutions to fit any need.
- Compare our IT infrastructure management services that consistently win industry awards.
- Learn about Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity services.
- Our US based 24x7 Help Desk and IT infrastructure management services work better together for quicker problem resolution.
- Understand more about IT Security and Compliance by reviewing our Managed Security Services.
- Analyze why IT Outsourcing can work for you.
- Some organizations like local support, find out more about our services in: Orange County, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Sacramento, Denver, Boise, Boulder, Fort Collins and Colorado Springs.
- We now have locations in Raleigh, Rochester, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, and Saint John, New Brunswick. Check out our facilities in each of these locations.